Mathew Larosiliere's Introduction

     I am a chronically future-oriented person. Every element of my life has been meticulously mapped out since the age of 5. The COVID-19 pandemic forced me to rewrite, reshape, and replan my own narrative. Living in the present was something that always felt far-fetched and outlandish to me. With the 6-month long quarantine forced upon all of us, I was involuntarily required to press the pause button on the rollercoaster-ride that is my life. With these hours spent in solitude, I developed a deeper understanding of myself. With that understanding of self came a whole new level of appreciation and gratitude for things I had always taken for granted. Community, relationships, media, art, and health were all elements of everyday life that I developed a new profound love for. With art being the main focus for this class, of course, I am eager to share what inspires, moves, and comforts me. This blog will be a cumulation of all things I have learned to love now that I have stopped to smell the roses. I will implore myself to curate pieces that speak to me, a black man in America, and as a young person in America. Things that helped center me during the quarantine and helped me in my times of solace. Moreover, I aim to highlight what propels us forward globally, nationally,  and locally. In short, I want this blog to be a celebration of life, of all things inspirational, all things past and current. The future is never promised, it is imperative that we live in the now. 




Boston MA, where I am from and located this term. Although I live here now, I was raised in Zimbabwe which is a small Southern-African country that borders South Africa.
(image by @osmanrana on Instagram.)



I am a senior biology major that is interested primarily in marine biology, I hope to work with marine conservation and restoration sites in the future. 
(Image by @Gabrielvissoto on Instagram)


    In addition to biology, I am interested in cooking, food, and nutrition. I want to help combat and alleviate the "food desert" issue in America and help underrepresented and marginalized communities have access to organically resourced and outsourced food.
(Image by @kate5oh3 on Instagram)









Comments

  1. Wow your blog post really made me identify with you, it feels as if I met you and got to talk at a coffee shop to get to know one another. Thanks for sharing your inner workings with us and a few things that shape who you are. Love the gratitude part!! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really resonate with what you said. I too have been forced to slow down and it has helped me gain a better understanding of myself. I can't wait to see what you share to this blog because it sounds as if we have similar interests. Also, cooking/nutrition is something I have recently been exploring and I'm really interested to learn more about the "food desert".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I myself am someone who is very future oriented and am meticulous about maintaining plans and structure, so I completely understand where you are coming from. I am very interested in seeing your future posts and art especially since we have similar academic interests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures that you picked and how each one relates to something that you like to do! The photo of the city was stunning. I think it is so interesting to see how covid has impacted people in different ways. I cant wait to see what else you post on here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog