Rhythm and Balance, Scale, Texture

             

    Repetition and change is the concept that stuck out most to me during this chapter. There is something familiar and comforting about seeing repetition in our daily lives. Contrastingly, there is an excitement and buzz that comes alongside change as well. Together they help keep us on our toes visually. with the first image I posted, I wanted to convey the idea of repetition and change. The floors of this hotel I went to in Nashville became a beautiful piece of art with every floor you ascended. The change comes at the bottom of the image where it opens up into a huge atrium. 

For balance and scale, I had two images I wanted to display. The first depicts this concept by having piles of sand on either side of the image became the balance. My two friends in the middle are showing the magnitude and scale of the large piles of sand. The third image shows the sun juxtaposes to the buildings. I suppose this image is more of a combination of repetition and scale. The sun seems so small compared to the building even though we know how huge the sun actually is. 

"Texture is the tactile grain of surfaces and substances. Textures in our environment help us understand the nature of things." (Lupton/Phillips  69/70) For texture, I took a very simple image of some blue jeans. The texture is fine yet coarse, rugged yet soft, I like this image because of its simplicity. 





Comments

  1. I love the repetition of the hotel interior design. It is really attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are so simple yet mesmerizing! I feel these images are very relatable to the topic for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your photography, it captures the elements really well. I agree that the constant repition couple with change in our life keeps us on our toes and also comfortable. My favorite image has to be the jeans, I don't know why but it's simplicity and texture really is mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the first image of the architecture of the hotel, your photo really captured the beauty of the repetition. It stood out to me the most. I would love to one day see it with my own eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mathew Larosiliere's Introduction