Layers of Life

          “Layers allow the designer to treat the image as a collection of assets... designers use layered files to generate storyboard” (Lupton 141). 



    With that quote in mind, I wanted to utilize layering to showcase two storyboards. I feel like layering can oftentimes be very complex and end up looking messy to some. I wanted to make a more minimalistic, structured form of collaging/ layering while still being able to provide a flow and narrative. I made the first storyboard of the new England fall. All images were taken this week from Tuesday- Friday. Wasn't expecting there to be snow on Friday but I feel like those that accurately represents how bipolar the weather in New England can be. For the second collage, I wanted to showcase what my days, despite being filled with homework, typically look like in quarantine. For me, it is such a vast difference from what my life was like before corona. Pre-pandemic I never used to spend time in my room, I was always out and busy. These days, 90% of my time is spent locked up in my room taking it day-by-day. 





        all photos by me, on Instagram.

Comments

  1. Not only is your post great but it's quite relatable. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of the windshields in your car for transparency! Pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i love what you did this week! It's so crazy seeing the environment where people live and I think it is great that you decided to do that! I also loved your minimalist approach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how the way you put the images together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mathew Larosiliere's Introduction