Frame of Frames.

 


This week I wanted to use natural, passive framing. I wanted to use typical items as framing for the images to showcase how everyday items work in conjunction with each other to showcase beauty. The images below are all images that I feel showcase that statement. There are sharp lines and clear cut-off parts of each image that help act as the border. “a border is the frontier between inside and outside, marking the edge of a territory” (Lupton & Phillips 125).).The center is the focal point but the framing helps give it context and familiarity. the natural borders in these images help empathize what is meant to be seen.  “A-frame can serve to either emphasize or downplay its contents” (Lupton 25).




The frame here is the literal window frame itself showcasing the beautiful sunrise.

The outlining of the closet in this image acts as a structural framing for the image. The center and focal point being the two people inside. 

This image is a reversal of the theme, a culmination of literal frames. Doesn't directly fit in with framing per se but I do like how given the context it is a display of a frame, within a frame, within a frame.


In this image, the ceiling of the porch is so structured and sharp that it works in conjunction with the grass to form the perfect frame. Even tho simple, this is one of my favorite photographs. 

All photos by me on Instagram.








Comments

  1. I really think you did such a great job incorporating frames into your images this week! Really great stuff as always! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the first picture! I think the dark frame enhances the colors from the sunset and does a good job of bring the attention to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog posts, your photography skills are so good and I love how you always have a myriad of different photos to offer to each week's theme. I really enjoy your blog and find myself visiting your posts every week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mathew Larosiliere's Introduction