Motion.

 “Motion is a kind of change, and change takes place in time. Motion can be implied as well

as literal...” (Lupton 233).



For this weeks theme I wanted to take images that literally felt like they were alive and moving. 


To me, motion in photographs can best be seen when taking a photo lights. In this image I went to a shopping plaza near my house and gently shook my phone while taking the image. It gives the photo an accidental effect while still having it be interesting and capture your attention.
This image was taken in a moving car which definitely gives a moving effect. It feels as though you too are moving while looking at the buildings in downtown Boston. Again, I was drawn to utilizing lights in capturing motion. I like how they have a fuzzy/blurry look to them when not captured still. 


This is an older image from august but im throwing it in here because again I feel like this truly capture motion. You can make out what it is but the natural motion induced blur creates interest and depth.


All photos by me on Instagram


Comments

  1. These photos are super cool and I especially love the one of the city. It has a cool feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although accidental, I love the feelings these pictures give. I find it brings more of the fun out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mathew Larosiliere's Introduction